Undergraduate Admission |
to Cal State East Bay
Undergraduate Degree Programs
California State University, East Bay offers admission to CSUEB undergraduate programs to those students who are academically qualified, but have not met the English language requirement below at the time of application. These students are issued a conditional admission letter to CSUEB and advised to attend the ALP Intensive English Program until they meet the language requirement.
Undergraduate Degree Admission Requirements
- IELTS overall band score of 6.0 or TOEFL score of 525 (pbt), 197 (cbt) or 71 (iBT)*
- 12 years Elementary and Secondary schooling with a 3.0 grade point average (G.P.A.) or B
- Diploma or Certificate of Completion of secondary education
For Transfer Students
*IELTS or TOEFL may be waived for students with three or more years of high school in a school where English is the only medium of instruction.
Admission requiments are subject to change.
For complete CSUEB Undergraduate Admissions Information visit: http://www20.csueastbay.edu/prospective/how-to-apply/international-student-admission/index.html
An undergraduate I-20 will be issued by California State University, East Bay indicating that the student will be admitted to a university undergraduate degree program upon meeting the English language requirement.
Applying for Conditional Admission
- Submit an online application to CSUEB at:
- When asked what quarter you are applying for, indicate the quarter and year that you want to begin your English studies at ALP.
- The CSUEB application of $55 can be paid by credit or debit card as part of the online application. If you don't have a credit card, you can send a check for $55 made out to CSUEB with the rest of your application.
- On the CSU Mentor application, in the field: Term Applying For: select the earliest Quarter available AND on the ALP application form, write the actual quarter you want to start your Intensive English studies.
- When you are finished with the online application, print out a copy of your CSU East Bay International Application Agreement Statement. The form should contain a Confirmation Number - view sample.
- Request official transcripts from your secondary school or if you are a transfer student, transcripts from any college or university you have attended. Transcripts should be in an original sealed envelope from the issuing school.
- Students who plan to be an F-1 student, or need to enter the U.S. on a student visa, will also need to submit the following documents:
- Mail the application package to:
American Language Program, ST-190
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94542
Phone: (510) 885-2358
Fax: (510) 885-2040
The completed application package will be reviewed by the CSUEB International Admissions Office. Students will be contacted regarding the status of their conditional admission decision by the ALP office.
Checklist for Conditional Admission Application Package