IELTS Application requirements
To register for an IELTS test at CSUEB in Hayward, California, you must submit:
- an application (either online or print)
- a photocopy of your valid passport
- a recent photograph of yourself
All questions on the application form must be fully completed. All four pages (1, 2, 3, 4) of the application must be submitted, including page 4 which must be signed and dated. Pages i, ii, iii and iv should be retained by the candidate and not submitted.
2. A photocopy of your passport. The passport must be the same document that has been indicated on your application form. The passport must be valid and unexpired. Make a photocopy of the page(s) containing the photo, date of birth, passport number, date of expiry, and signature (if any). If your passport contains a current extension stamp, please also include a photocopy of that page. No other form of identification is accepted.
3. A recent photograph of yourself. The photograph must:
- be less than 10KB in size
- be in JPEG format
- be square
- be at least 130 x 130 pixels
- be taken in the last 6 months
- be taken against a plain background so your features are clearly distinguishable
- be in sharp focus and clear
- be a close-up of your head and shoulders
- show you looking straight ahead at the camera
- show you with a neutral expression
- show you with mouth closed
- show you with eyes open and clearly visible
- not show any shadows
- show you without glasses
- not show anything covering your face, the outlines of your eyes, nose or mouth.
4. Test fee payment. The test fee payment is currently $190. The only forms of payment that are accepted are money order, cashier's check (made payable to CSUEB), electronic check, or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express only). When you have submitted a photocopy of your passport and a recent photograph of yourself to email@example.com, you will be notified via email with instructions on how to activate your Net ID in order to submit payment online or through the CSUEB Cashier's Office. Please note that if you choose to make payment using a credit card, there is a service charge of 2.9%.
If incomplete applications are received there will be a delay in processing and confirming your test date. Examples of an incomplete application include: photo does not meet the requirements, no photocopy of relevant passport page(s) submitted, photocopy of an expired passport submitted, payment made by personal check. Candidates will not be registered for a test date until a correct and completed application and all required documents are submitted.