University Diversity Council
The University Diversity Council role will assist the University Diversity Officer in coordinating the implementation of the University Diversity Plan. More specifically the University Diversity Council will:
- Report on the metrics associated with diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Review and refine the strategic plan for diversity with annual goals to encourage increased recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, staff, and students.
- Disseminate information to members of the university community regarding “best practices” which encourage diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Provide communication on diversity, equity and inclusion issues between and among colleges and other institutional units.
- Consult on the creation of diversity, equity, and international studies webpages.
- Assess the University’s "cultural climate" and recommend changes based upon findings.
- Sponsor programs and activities which support diversity, such as a Week of Diversity, Multiculturalism and Social Justice.
- Discuss and recommend the development of related initiatives and institutes.
University Diversity Council Membership
As of December 23, 2015
- André Johnson, Director, Human Resources
- Audrey Wade, Executive Assistant, Academic Affairs
- Corey Gin, Director, Leadership and Employment Enrichment Program (LEEP)
- David Lopez, Associated Students Incorporated (ASI) President
- Diana Balgas, Executive Director of Transfer Student Programs, Student Affairs
- Dianne Rush Woods, University Diversity Officer, Office of University Diversity
- Dwyla Jourdan, Administrative Support Coordinator, Office of University Diversity
- Jessica Weiss, Professor, Faculty Development
- Jessika Murphy, Coordinator, The Diversity & Inclusion Student Center (The DISC)
- Jillian Buckholz, Director of Sustainability, Academic Affairs
- JoAnne Hill, Manager, Human Resources
- Katie Brown, Director, Accessibility Services
- Kim Geron, Department Chair, Political Science; Diversity and Equity Liaison Officer (DELO); and Chair of the Faculty Diversity and Equity Committee (FDEC)
- Lawrence Bliss, Director, Academic Advising & Career Education (AACE)
- Linda Dobb, Associate Provost, Academic Affairs
- Luis Cardenas, Associated Students Incorporated (ASI) Vice President of External Affairs
- Martin Castillo, Associate Vice President, Campus Life
- Nyassa Love, Associate Vice President, Risk Management
- Pamela Baird, Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Accessibility Services
- Rhonda Johnson, Executive Director, Financial Aid
- Richard Watters, Executive Director, Alumni & Constituent Relations