Upward Bound is a pre–college educational support program. This program is designed for low–income and/or first generation students to assist them by providing tutoring, counseling, academic advising, college educational tours, year–round instruction, and much more.
The primary goal of this program is to prepare students for college admission and graduation.
Upward Bound is a federally funded TRiO program designed to improve high school students´ academic skills and decision–making skills while building the self–confidence necessary to prepare them to obtain a college education of their choice.
Being a member of Upward Bound:
- prepares you for a college education.
- helps improve your grades.
- assists you in learning decision-making skills.
- helps you explore various career opportunities.
- exposes you to academic, cultural, and recreational opportunities throughout the year.
- provides an opportunity for you to visit college campuses.
- assists you in attending the college/university of your choice.
- enables you to meet new friends.
NOTICE: Unfortunately the Upward Bound Program at CSUEB was not chosen to be refunded beyond the 2012-2013 academic year. The program officially closed on May 31, 2013.
Email Upward Bound