Tutoring availability is dependent upon the program’s budget. Project IMPACT provides customized, one-on-one tutoring in most subjects our students take. One on one tutoring is offered in two distinct ways: Drop in Tutoring Lab and Scheduled Appointments.
- Drop in Tutoring Lab is offered for broader subjects such as Writing and Math.
- Scheduled Appointments are offered for specific subjects based on students' majors.
- Project IMPACT tutors are selected carefully, and their academic records are reviewed.
- Tutors are trained on techniques to work with all types of learners
- Tutors are familiar with various assistive technologies.
- Tutoring is a supplemental service and not an accommodation.
- Students are responsible for bringing something to the session to work on.
- Tutors may not work on assignments or give answers to problems. Instead, they aim to help students discover the answers and understand material.
- Additionally, Supplemental Instruction, a tutor facilitated study experience, is offered for select subjects each year.
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday - Friday
Phone: (510) 885-3868
Fax: (510) 885-4775
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd., Room LI 2550
Hayward, CA 94542