Welcome to Cal State East Bay!
- Cascade Server is a content management system which is used to create & manage digital content on California State University East Bay's website.
- It is very important to understand the basic functionality of Cascade Server in order to edit content on your website.
Cascade Server Video Tutorials (NEW)
Watch Video Tutorials
Log in to the Web CMS (Cascade Server) to access your Website
Dashboard of Cascade Server
- It is important to know the structure of all site folders before using the CMS in order to not be confused about where to put things and how to navigate through the folders you are using.
- You will see a folder structure and Dashboard when you login to Cascade Server.
- Your site will reside under the Base Folder with a name created by Web Services. This folder is what is referred to as a "site-folder." (A)
- Your Site Folder contains all web pages that are apart of your site. Your Site Folder will also contain a "files" folder to contain all of your documents and images. (B)
- You will do your work in the "Preview Pane" outlined in RED below.
Basic Best Practices
Naming: Always use "lower case" when naming folders and pages and use a "hyphen" if using more than one word, e.g. "page-name".
Files Folder: Always organize your uploaded files in file folders. Those folders will always be for documents(Word documents and PDF's) and images.
Images: Create and use a sub-folder called "images" in your site's "files" folder for .jpg, .gif, .png image files.
Documents: Create and use a sub-folder called "docs" in your site’s “files” folder for .doc, docx, .pdf, .xsl, .xslx for all document files formats.
Metadata: When you create pages, always fill out ALL information for "Display Name", "Title", "Keywords", and "Description".
Publishing: Edit pages before Publishing to the Test Server. Double check your page for accuracy before publishing it to the Production Server.
Hyperlinks: Always check hyperlinks before publishing. Internal Links always go to pages on the Cascade Server and External Links link to anything NOT on the Cascade Server.