Top NavTop NavTop Nav


The Office of the Registrar processes student registration at the University. For more information about registration, please visit the following pages:

The CBE Office of Undergraduate Advising distributes permission codes for all undergraduate CBE courses, provides department stamps for withdrawals from courses, processes requests to exceed maximum units for CBE majors, and can assist with many other registration-related activities  for CBE majors/minors or courses. We have also put together this guide to assist our new students: How to Register for CBE Undergraduate Courses.

CBE Undergraduate Course Prerequisites 

Most major courses have prerequisites. Students show know them before they register as they are strictly enforced.  It is important that students complete the prerequisites for each course so that they can be well-prepared and set themselves up for success. Students may be administratively dropped if you do not meet course requirements. Permission numbers may be required if prerequisites were completed outside of CSUEB.

  • All students planning to enroll in MKTG 305 will REQUIRE a permission number for the University Writing Skills Requirement (UWSR)
  • Business & Economics students who completed prerequisites outside of Cal State East Bay MAY need permission numbers for the courses listed below.
List of courses by requirement or subject area that have strictly enforced prerequisites and may need a permission number.
Accounting Upper Division Core/ Capstone Economics Finance ITM Operations & Supply Chain UWSR
ACCT 311 BUS 330 ECON 210 FIN 405 ITM 331 MGMT 364 MKTG 305
ACCT 312 BUS 360 ECON 300 FIN 420 ITM 332 MGMT 365  
ACCT 321 BUS 499 ECON 310 FIN 410 ITM 336 MGMT 450  
ACCT 331  ECON 380 ECON 320 FIN 430 ITM 440 MGMT 455  
ACCT 370 MGMT 350 ECON 370 FIN 435      
ACCT 411    ECON 400  FIN 460      
   ECON 431  FIN 470      
ECON 450



Submit the Undergraduate Permission Number Request Form online through BaySync. Please remember to login using your MyCSUEB Net ID and password to ensure that you receive all notifications and have access to the appropriate forms and portals. Students in the Online Business Degree Completion Program should NOT submit this form. They must contact the Online Business Program Office for enrollment issues. 
Term deadlines for the Undergraduate Permission Number Request Form
CBE Undergraduate Permission Number Request Form Deadlines




Spring Semester 2020 Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019 at 5:00PM Monday, Jan. 27, 2020 at 8:00AM
Summer Session 2020 To be determined To be determined
Fall Semester 2020  To be determined To be determined

Request to Exceed Maximum Units for CBE Undergraduate Students

A CSU directive mandates new limits on registered units for all students. Per Academic Senate and as approved by the President, the unit ceiling for students registering during the 1st enrollment period is 17 units. During the 2nd enrollment period, graduating students (as defined in the University Catalog) may increase enrollment to 22 units. Business Administration or Economics majors who wish to exceed their unit ceilings must submit a request. 

The College of Business & Economics gives consideration to exceed maximum units to students who meet the following criteria:

  • Students in good academic standing (minimum 2.7 for all GPAs: CSUEB, major, and cumulative)
  • Declared Business Administration or Economics majors

Requests to exceed maximum units are reviewed on a case by case basis.

  • Review takes approximately 3-5 business days.
  • Students are notified of decisions via email.
  • Students who are approved will see their maximum unit limit increase under Enrollment Dates in their Student Center on MyCSUEB within approximately 1-2 business days, beginning on the 1st day of the Open Enrollment Period.

Per the University Catalog, additional units can ONLY be added during the Open Enrollment period or Add/Drop periods.

Term deadlines for the request to exceed maximum units form
CBE Request to Exceed Maximum Units Form Deadlines




Spring Semester 2020 Friday, Nov. 15, 2019 at 5:00PM Monday, Feb. 3, 2020 at 5:00PM
Summer Session 2020 To be determined To be determined
Fall Semester 2020 To be determined To be determined

Add/Drop Period with Instructor/Department Permission for Current and Open University Students

Students who wish to enroll into CBE undergraduate courses during the Add/Drop Period with Instructor/Department Permission (Spring 2020: January 28th-February 3rd) will need to:

  1. Visit MyCSUEB to search the University Course Catalog for your course(s) of interest during the academic semester that you wish to attend classes.
  2. Attend the class on the first day, and obtain approval from your instructor. Approval can be obtained in the following ways: 
  3. Submit completed Request for Instructor Permission Form to the CBE Office of Undergraduate Advising. 
    • The last day to submit the form for the Fall 2019 term will be Monday, February 3rd by 5:00 PM
    • Late submissions will not be accepted. 
    • Forms may be submitted in-person to VBT 129, faxed to (510) 885-2054, or emailed to
    • Email approvals can be forwarded to

For Spring 2020, students will need instructor/department permission to enroll beginning on Tuesday, January 28, 2020. Permission numbers will be emailed on the morning of the 28th. Forms or email approvals can be submitted beginning Tuesday, January 21st.. Permission numbers will only be sent to a student's CSUEB Horizon email address.

  • Students are responsible for using the permission number to enroll on MyCSUEB.
  • Instructor approval does not guarantee enrollment into the course.
  • A permission number does not guarantee enrollment into the course.
  • A permission number will only allow a student to enroll into an open seat.

Open University students MUST have an Open University Application on file. This application must be completed EVERY term that a student wishes to enroll into courses through Open University.

© California State University, East Bay. All Rights Reserved.