Requests for Letters of Good Standing
Updated on October 7, 2015
Letters of Good Standing
A ‘letter of good standing' is a term used to describe a letter issued by a Credential Analyst from the Credential Student Service Center. The letter indicates when a credential candidate is expected to finish the credential program and it verifies what authorizations will be allowed under the respective credential. This letter is free to current credential candidates; however, we may limit the number of your requests. We suggest that you make copies of your letter or make it a PDF for your records for future agencies.
Please follow the procedures below to request a Letter of Good Standing:
- You must send an email to: email@example.com or put a request in writing and mail to our office at 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd., Hayward, CA 94542.
- In the request, please provide:
- Your full legal name (this is the same name as it will appear on your credential document)
- Your CSUEB Net ID
- The credential program you are completing or have completed.
- Date you plan to complete your last requirement or date you already completed your entire program.
- Your daytime contact phone number.
- Within approximately 7 business days of receiving your request, the CSSC will mail your Letter of Good Standing to your mailing address as noted in MyCSUEB.
- If there are any questions or concerns, our staff will email or call you before mailing out your letter. If we cannot reach you after several attempts, we will mail out your letter with any special comments noted in the letter.
Due to privacy restrictions, we cannot send these letters to a third party.
For your planning, please know that requests are handled on a first-come, first-served basis although the official processing of credential documents will take precedence over verification requests.