Here is the required sequence for the first four courses (each is five weeks in length and each earns 4.5 quarter credits):
- Quarter One: EDUI 6701 (Session One) and 6702 (Session Two)
- Quarter Two: EDUI 6703 (Session One) and 6704 (Session Two)
We offer EDUI 6701 & 6702 in Fall & Spring quarters only. We offer EDUI 6703 & 6704 in Winter & Summer Quarters only.
Once you have completed EDUI 6701 through 6704 with a GPA of 3.0 or better, you will receive the Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning.
Courses numbered higher than EDUI 6704 are ten weeks in length (each of these also earns 4.5 quarter credits/units/hours), and you will need six more courses.
MS Ed., OTL students must take EDUI 6706 (which meets the University Writing Skills Requirement) as soon as they have completed the prerequisite/Certificate courses (EDUI 6701 – 6704). You may complete the remaining required and elective courses in any order, except for the Capstone course, which you must take in your final quarter.
- EDUI 6705
- EDUI 6706 – must be taken in your 3rd quarter in the program
- EDUI 6707
- One theoretical elective (EDUI 677x)
- One technical/methodological elective (EDUI 678x)
- One Capstone course (Project: EDUI 6899) which must be taken during your final quarter in the program
We generally offer two required courses and one elective course every quarter. However, you can only take a maximum of two EDUI 4.5 unit courses per quarter.