Degrees & Programs
With the music minor, students can pursue their passion in music while earning a degree in another discipline. Music minors are afforded the same privileges as a music major for one year: music theory, ensembles, and private lessons on their instrument.
The Music Minor at CSUEB consists of 33 units, 12 of which must be from Upper Division courses (Level 3000 or higher) and 12 of which must be completed at CSUEB. Students may transfer up to 21 Units from other institutions into the minor.
Requirements for the Music Minor
Lower Division: 21 Units
- Music Theory I - III (12 units)
- Sight Singing I - III (3 units)
- Basic Piano I - III (3 units)
- Applied lessons (3 units): An audition is required to enter into applied lesson study. Please contact the minor advisor for more information.
Upper Division: 12 Units
- Large ensemble performance (4 units)
- Upper Division Electives (8 units)
- Common Upper Division Electives include: extended large ensemble performance, MUS 3002 What to Listen for in Music, and MUS 3014 World Music and Culture
Do you have questions about the music minor? Contact Dr. Buddy James, advisor for the music minor program.
- Phone: 510-885-3128
- Email: email@example.com
Do you see yourself in music?
We'd love to hear from you. Express your interest in music study at CSUEB.