Applying to the MSW Program
This is the application information page for our two-year program in Hayward If you are interested in our new three-year MSW program in Oakland please click here.
Thank you for your interest in the Full Time MSW Program. We will begin accepting applications for Fall 2016 on October, 1 2015. In order to be considered, applications must be received no later than January 15, 2016. We invite you to attend one of our information sessions to learn more about our program.
MSW Information Sessions
All Hayward Sessions will be held in Meiklejohn Hall. You can get directions to our campus, and to Meiklejohn Hall, here.
Thursday, September 10, 2015: 12pm-1:30pm & 5:30pm-7pm – room 4019
Thursday, October 1, 2015: 12pm-1:30pm & 5:30pm-7pm – room 3064
Thursday, November 5, 2015: 12pm-1:30pm & 5:30pm-7pm – room 3064
Thursday, December 3, 2015: 12pm-1:30pm & 5:30pm-7pm – room 3064
You may also get further information by reviewing the following materials:
- Letter to the Applicant 2016
- Application Information 2016
- Application Checklist 2016
- Sample Course Sequence for Hayward 2016
- Department Application 2016
- Field Placement Application 2016
- Coversheet for Letter of Recommendation 2016
- Tips for Applying to Graduate School 2016
- Apply Online 2016
You may also be interested in learning more about our stipend programs for students committed to working in public child welfare and community mental health:
The IV-E Child Welfare Stipend
- Title IV-E Brochure
- Title IV-E Cover Letter 2016 (Application will be updated and available by the end of August)
- Title IV-E Application 2016 (Application will be updated and available by the end of August)
The CalSWEC Mental Health Stipend
- Introduction to the mental health stipend program
- Information for Applicants
- Information for Current CalSWEC Students and Alumnae/i
Some of the above documents require Adobe Reader. If you have problems downloading or printing the application materials, call the social work department at (510) 885-4916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.