Applying to the MSW Program
This is the application information page for our two-year program in Hayward If you are interested in our new three-year MSW program in Oakland please click here.
Thank you for your interest in the Full Time MSW Program. We will begin accepting applications for Fall 2017 on October 1st, 2016. In order to be considered, applications must be received no later than January 17th, 2017. We invite you to attend one of our information sessions to learn more about our program.
MSW Information Sessions
All Hayward Sessions will be held in Meiklejohn Hall. You can get directions to our campus, and to Meiklejohn Hall, here.
Thursday, September 15, 2016: 12pm-1:30pm & 5:30pm-7pm – room 3064
Thursday, October 13, 2016: 12pm-1:30pm & 5:30pm-7pm – room 3064
Wednesday, November 9, 2016: 12pm-1:30pm & 5:30pm-7pm – room 3064
Friday, December 2, 2016: 12pm-1:30pm & 5:30pm-7pm – room 3064
You may also get further information by reviewing the following materials:
- Letter to the Applicant 2017
- Application Information 2017
- Application Checklist 2017
- Sample Course Sequence for Hayward 2017
- Department Application 2017
- Field Placement Application 2017
- Coversheet for Letter of Recommendation 2017
- Tips for Applying to Graduate School 2017
- Apply Online 2017
- Information Session and Contact
You may also be interested in learning more about our stipend programs for students committed to working in public child welfare and community mental health:
The IV-E Child Welfare Stipend
The CalSWEC Mental Health Stipend
- Introduction to the mental health stipend program
- Information for Applicants
- Information for Current CalSWEC Students and Alumnae/i
Some of the above documents require Adobe Reader. If you have problems downloading or printing the application materials, call the social work department at (510) 885-4916 opt. 3 or email email@example.com.