Casper is an Inventory tool to Track the status of your devices and Deployment of campus owned Apple products. It allows IT to set up and customize your devices. It offers customer Security by reducing risks while preserving the user experience for end users. Casper Suite provides Data Encryption by Protecting data on all devices. Offering a Self Service app store for customers to install and download campus licensed software this will help promote and support user autonomy. Caper is a One-click access to everything you need for a non intrusive agent tool to ensure CSEUB apple deployments are smooth and seamless.
Casper has many capabilities and in the future it may be used for:
- Software deployment (including self-service installation of software such Adobe and Microsoft products)
- Inventory management
- Preventative maintenance
- Printer configuration
What is Casper Agent
The Casper Suite consists of a management server cluster, known as the JAMF Software Server (JSS), a small software utility known as an "agent" on enrolled Mac OS X computers, and a Mobile Device Management (MDM) profile on enrolled Mac OS X and iOS devices.
What benefits does a client receive from the Casper Suite?
- Reliability: Your device will quickly receive software updates and patches with little to no interaction on your part.
- Time Efficiency: You will stay more productive as deployment and updating processes run in the background, freeing up more time for teaching and research.
- Flexibility: You can choose when and where to install new software or run maintenance on your device through Self-service portals.
- Security: IT Technicians will manage the security of your machine so you don't have to. You can rest assured that software patches, antivirus protection, and firewalls are well maintained.
- Confidentiality: Your data and files will remain confidential; no personal data is scanned, indexed, or transmitted off your device. CMT servers also keep full audit logs of any actions performed by technicians.
- Compliance: Your device will always be in compliance with federal laws governing requirements for research or student data on University computers.