The College of Science, by fostering an environment where students, faculty and staff work collaboratively to expand knowledge in the disciplines of science and mathematics, seeks to provide both majors and non-majors with a science foundation that is appropriate to their career goals and with knowledge and skills that will allow them to function as responsible and contributing members of society.
In support of its mission, the College of Science is committed to provide:
- A climate which encourages students, faculty, and staff to contribute to the intellectual, cultural, and economic life of the university and the communities it serves
- Academic programs that meet the evolving needs of its students and outreach programs that serve those within the primary service areas of the university
- Facilities and technology that support the learning environment
- A learning community which ensures students of varying age, ethnicity, culture and socio-economic status are equally well served
- An environment that fosters a lifetime of critical inquiry and learning