Becoming a Student
Dear Prospective Student:
Thank you for your interest in our health sciences program at CSU East Bay. The program prepares students for a variety of jobs in health care. Health, the second largest industry in the United States employs over eight million workers. Physicians, dentists, pharmacists and optometrists represent only 7% of this workforce, and there are over 200 other professions in the health sciences field. Many of these professions can be entered directly with a B.S. degree in Health Sciences. In our program, students work closely with faculty advisors to determine their best career and training alternatives. It is our hope that you will enjoy taking your classes in our department, and make use of all opportunities available to provide you with the knowledge and competencies you need in this exciting career field.
How do you get started?
- The first step is for you to access the health sciences program at this website: http://www.csueastbay.edu/csci/departments/health/
- Second, please access an application for admission to the University here: http://www.csueastbay.edu/prospective/how-to-apply/index.html
- Third, please access application timelines here to ensure you submit your application on time for the quarter you want to start your classes: http://www.csueastbay.edu/prospective/how-to-apply/application-and-document-deadlines/index.html
- Fourth, information about tuition & fees is available here: http://www.csueastbay.edu/prospective/cost-and-financial-aid/index.html
- Our program holds advising sessions about the program both at the Hayward and Concord campuses. To inquire about the next advising session, please contact: The CSUEB Nursing & Health Sciences Department, 510.885.3481
- To see a curriculum guide/required classes for the Health Sciences major, please click on one of the links below, organized by academic year. Choose the academic year when you first started taking Health Science classes (even if they were at a community college, or you weren't yet a declared Health Science major).
2009 - 2010
2010 - 2011
2011 - 2012
2012 - 2013
Again we want to welcome you to both the University and to our department. We hope you will join us soon!
With best regards,
Health Sciences Program
Department of Nursing & Health Sciences
California State University, East Bay