Pre-Professional Health Academic Association
The Pre-Professional Health Academic Association (PHAA) is a student-run organization at CSUEB. The goal of the PHAA is to increase the number of CSUEB students accepted into professional schools.
The PHAA uses a number of methods toward achieving this goal, including:
- tours of medical, veterinary, physical therapy, optometry, and dental schools in California;
- mock testing for MCAT, DAT, and GRE preparation;
- mock interviews, complete with video recording of the interview session for later viewing with an advisor;
- peer advising, to assist students with class selection;
- sharing volunteer, interview, and application experiences that may benefit newcomers to the club;
- monthly meetings, at which members can ask questions and participate in discussions;
- guest lecturers, typically from the California professional schools, but sometimes from other areas of the country;
- opportunity to become an officer of the club.