How do I apply for the CSR Scholars Program?
How do I find a Faculty Mentor?
- Start by asking in your major department office which faculty are doing research. Ask instructors who you have had what research they are involved in. Check out our website for a description of faculty research.
Do I have to apply every quarter?
- No. As long as you are making satisfactory progress in the program, you will automatically be retained until the end of the spring quarter. You must however, reapply at the start of each fall quarter.
Can I start the program in the middle of the year?
- We accept applications at the start of the fall and if space permits we accept applications in winter quarter. New applicants will be admitted as space allows.
Can I be a Scholar over the summer?
- No, scholarships are not available for the summer term.
Are the workshops required?
- Yes, the workshops are required for L1 scholars. These workshops are designed to assist you in your projects and prepare you to present your results at the end of the year.
What happens if I miss a required workshop?
- Contact the program director or coordinator. You may be assigned an alternative project.
When are quartely progress reports due?
- Progress reports are due at the end of the quarter or the beginning of the new quarter. You have a total of 3 progress reports (Fall, Winter, Spring) due for this program.
When should I submit my supply/travel grant?
- Supply/travel grants should be submitted to the CSR office as soon as possible since it is on first come first serve basis.