Rejected FAFSA Fixes
In the event there is a data conflict on your FAFSA regarding your personal information (name, SSN, Birthdate, Citizenship, or aid eligibility), we will be unable to disburse your financial aid until the data conflict is resolved. Data issues with your name, SSN, or Birthdate will prevent you from logging into the online financial aid forms page and will need to be resolved with the Financial Aid Office directly.
- Citizenship/Residency Mismatch
- When you submitted your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), your application was sent to the Social Security Administration to verify your citizenship status. The Social Security Administration did not confirm that you are a U.S. citizen.
- Overpayment of Federal Aid
- When you submitted your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) indicated that you have an overpayment of federal student aid funds.
- SSN, Name, or Birthdate Mismatch
- According to the Social Security Administration records, your date of birth on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) does not correspond with the social security number you reported on your FAFSA.