Pioneer Bookstore Account
Registered students can now charge books, computer devices (only computers and tablets) and necessary supplies purchased at the Pioneer Bookstore to their student account up to $500 per semester. Students will be required to sign the Pioneer Bookstore Account release indicating their consent to post the charges to their student account each time they make a purchase. Students who have more financial aid than their cost of tuition and fees may have this charge covered by financial aid once it disburses. Students without financial aid or who have other 3rd party funding for books (employer, workforce agency, etc.) may also use this program.
The Pioneer Bookstore Account is optional and is available each semester.
- Funds are available to use between Aug. 1 and Oct. 1, 2018
- Due date to repay funds is Oct. 1, 2018
- A $20 late fee will be assessed if charges are not paid by Oct. 1, 2018
Bookstore Account Eligibility
- Students are eligible for the Pioneer Bookstore Account if they are enrolled in courses, have authorized the university to place a bookstore account to their student account, and do not have any active past due holds on their student account.
- Open University students, Transitory students, American Language Program (ALP) students, and Early Start Summer program students are not eligible.
- Registered students taking more than zero units and are degree seeking are eligible to participate for up to $500 per semester.
- Specific programs may be eligible for more than $500. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
Obtaining the Bookstore Account
- After selecting the books and supplies at the Pioneer Bookstore or online, students will be asked to present their student identification card to the bookstore cashier and inform the cashier that they have a Pioneer Bookstore Account.
- The disbursement of financial aid will pay for tuition, fees, and bookstore charges, in that order.
- If you are a student whose charges are paid by a 3rd party, please work with your 3rd party provider to make payments to the university.
- Any remaining balance owed after financial aid and/or 3rd party funds are received must be paid by the student to the university in accordance with the due dates. A late fee of $20 will be assessed if not paid by the established due date.
Students may purchase textbooks, computer devices (computers and tablets) and necessary supplies ONLY. "Supplies" include, but are not limited to, study guides, supplemental texts, workbooks, notebooks, notepaper or pads, pens, pencils, backpacks, art/drawing supplies and calculators. Items that CANNOT be purchased with the Bookstore Account include clothing, mugs, food, mass market books (unless designated as a course text) and other items not necessary for course work.
- The university reserves the right to change this policy or remove this program at any time.
- The university reserves the right to audit applicable Pioneer Bookstore Account purchases. Items not eligible through the Pioneer Bookstore Account program and not collected from the student may revert back to Follett for repayment to the university.
Device Voucher Program
The Device Voucher Program was created to fulfill a promise made to students to utilize a portion of A2E2 revenue to help fund a learning device. The criteria and details of the program are as follows:
- Eligible Students: New incoming freshmen for the Fall 2018 term who are enrolled in at least 15 units of coursework for the term.
- Eligible Items: Computers and tablets. Excluded items include but are not limited to computer peripherals such as headsets, keyboards, mice, styli, power adapters, and external storage (such as USB memory sticks or hard drives)
- Voucher amount: $150 maximum per eligible student to be used towards the purchase of an eligible item. This voucher may not be redeemable for cash value.
- Vouchers Issued: August 1 to October 1, 2018.
- Vouchers Expire: October 1, 2018