Why HRT at CSU East Bay?
- Our program provides opportunities for 4-year, transfer, international, and non-traditional students.
- Courses are offered in a variety of formats including online, in-person, and hybrid to accommodate
- full-time, part-time, and online only students. Many students work full-time while enrolled in the program.
- Throughout their college career, students develop a portfolio of educational experiences that will enhance their resumes and marketability as they seek positions in their chosen segment of the recreation industry.
- Learning occurs through both experiential learning and practical theoretical application. Experiential learning experiences include course projects, event planning, tours, site visits, service learning, and internship experiences.
- The program supports the development of students’ leadership, communication, technical, data-driven decision-making, and critical thinking skills through immersion in industry relevant curriculum.
- Passionate faculty, with education and experience in the field, are student-centered and committed to student learning and success.
- Graduates enjoy opportunities for career advancement, contribute to the quality of life of participants, interact with various cultures, and increase the positive impact of the recreation industry.
Why CSU East Bay?
The HRT program is only one reason why you should consider CSU East Bay. CSU East Bay is known for:
- Its focus on learning by experience. Many students are employed in the field while they are working on their degree. This prepares students to jump right in once they graduate.
- Being one of the most diverse campuses in the nation.
- Small average class size leading to personal attention from faculty.
- Faculty who have years of experience in the field.
- Being a great value and being affordable compared to other similar institutions.
- Its access to major business, cultural, and residential areas of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- A bustling campus that provides services for on-campus and commuter students.
For more general information on CSU East Bay, visit the CSU East Bay main page.
For more specific information on attending CSU East Bay, please visit the following pages: