NetID Password Policy
NetIDs are subject to password policy rules that help protect the account from inadvertent or malicious access. Users are strongly advised to implement a robust, hard-to-guess password to further enhance the account's security. Passwords currently adhere to the following:
- Passwords must be eight characters in length, minimum;
- Passwords must contain characters from four categories: English upper case characters (A through Z), English lower case characters (A through Z), base 10 numerical characters (0 through 9), non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %);
- Passwords may not contain first or last name, or NetID, or any facsimile thereof (eg. Gene wirtten as G3n3)
- Passwords are locked out for a certain duration after 10 invalid login attempts;
- Passwords have a history of 3 passwords remembered (that is, you may not re-use your past 3 passwords when changing it);
- While student passwords currently do not expire, faculty and staff passwords do expire after a certain amount of time.
For further details on these policies please contact the Service Desk at email@example.com.