All students are required to complete a Capstone Experience in order to receive the M.S. degree in mathematics.
There are two Exams taken during Math 692. A combined passing score is 84 or above out of a total of 140 points.
- Exam 1
- Offered midway through the semester.
- Material is from Math 620, Math 630, and Math 670 (three required courses)
- Six questions offered, two per subject.
- FOUR questions must be answered: One question from each of the three classes and one of your choosing.
- 20 points per question, for a total of 80 points.
- Exam 2
- Offered at the end of the semester.
- Material is from Math 640, Math 660, Math 675, and Math 680 (Pick two of four required courses)
- Prior to the exam you must choose TWO subject areas.
- Four questions offered, two per subject. THREE questions must be answered.
- 20 points per question, for a total of 60 points.
Enrollment in Math 692 requires:
- Permission of the Graduate Coordinator
- Completion of Math 620, Math 630, Math 670
- Completion of two from Math 640, Math 660, Math 675, Math 680 (or concurrent enrollment in the second of two of the classes)
- Completion of the Writing Skills Test requirement