Welcome to Back to the Bay 2016
Thursday, September 15th, 2016
Back to the Bay, CSUEB's annual professional development event is sponsored by Academic Affairs, Office of Faculty Development/Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching, Office of the Online Campus, and University Extension. Each year since 2003, Back to the Bay brings faculty together to share their expertise, and learn from one another and campus experts about topics of interest to faculty in their roles as teachers, advisors, researchers, users of technology, and active participants in the campus community. This year we offer a variety of workshops on pedagogy, research, governance, and teaching with technology at our state-of-the-art facilities.
This year's keynote presentation will be "CSU Dashboards: What Do They Tell Us About East Bay?" given by Roy Stripling and Erin DeSantis from the CSU Chancellor's Office. They will introduce faculty and staff to the new Dashboard system with Maureen Scharberg, Dean of Undergraduate Studies, and James Hershey, Institutional Research.
This year's highlights ... Participants will be able to learn from other faculty on diverse topics such as:
- Semester Conversion/Transformation
- Teaching with Technology
- Online Teaching and Learning and Quality Assurance
- Resources to Support Our Students
- High Impact Practices
- Research Funding
All our workshops are presented by professionals and peers who share their tips, strategies, best practices, and technical tools to increase learning. All faculty and their support staff with supervisory approval can attend this "free" conference.
- Thursday, September 15th, 2016
- CSUEB Hayward Hills campus
- Valley Business & Technology Center (VBT)
- A professional photographer will be in VBT from 3:50pm to 5:00pm to take faculty photos during the Gallery of Resources.
- Please join us for a reception to welcome the new faculty and Dr. Edward Inch, Provost.
Registration is closed
Participants who register by the deadline will receive a complimentary lunch.