Top NavTop NavTop Nav

Music Minor

Congratulations! You've chosen to declare the music minor! 

Declaring minor in writing is an important step in establishing your student record. To declare a minor, obtain the Change of Minor or Option Form in the Enrollment Information Center on the first floor of the Student Services Building. 

Contact the Music Department if you have any questions.

Music Building, MB 2569
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd
Hayward, CA 94542
Phone: (510) 885-3135

Required Courses

Take the following 8 units:

Basic Keyboard

Placement determined by instructor.  Take 2 units from the following:

Major Performing Ensembles

Audition Required. Take 3 units from the following:

Upper Division Electives

Take 8 units from the following in consultation with departmental advisor.  Note: MUS 351-MUS 355 are repeatable courses up to 8 total units. MUS 364 is repeatable up to 4 units.

Applied Music Study

Audition required for acceptance into Applied Music Study. Applied Study is limited to 2 semesters.

© California State University, East Bay. All Rights Reserved.