A digest of top, need-to-know dates, deadlines and events for faculty, staff and students, "This Month at CSUEB" is a regular feature of The View e-News. Read on for updates and previews of what’s happening at Cal State East Bay in the coming month:
• Student Life and Leadership Programs will host the annual Fall Student Leadership Conference from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 6 in the University Union. All students are invited. Admission is free. Call (510) 885-3657 for further information.
• Take a break from midterms at the Self Care and Wellness Fair from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 10 on the Bookstore lawn. The event, featuring interactive games and prizes, is sponsored by Student Health and Counseling Services. Call (510) 885-2356 for information.
• Members of the university community are invited to Cal State East Bay’s 4th Annual Veterans Welcome Reception and Informational Presentation at 4 p.m. Nov. 10 in the New University Union, multipurpose room 1001 B. RSVPs are requested by noon Nov. 8 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 885-2612.
• Get your flu shot from Student Health and Counseling Services; available to students, staff and faculty for $10. Call (510) 885-3735 to make an appointment at the Hayward or Concord campuses while supplies last.
• Learn how to apply to graduate school from 6 to 8:20 p.m. Nov. 8 at Pathway to Graduate School in the New University Union multipurpose room B on the Hayward campus. Register online at the Academic Programs and Graduate Studies Web site. For more information, contact (510) 885-3286 or APGSstudentservices@csueastbay.edu.
• Catch performances of “Xtigone,” a contemporary lyrical reimagining of Sophocles' “Antigone,” at 8 p.m. Nov. 12, 13, 19 and 20; and 2 p.m. Nov. 21 in the University Theatre. The show is under development by performers from Cal State East Bay and the African-American Shakespeare Company of San Francisco. Visit the theatre Web site for additional information.
• The Jazz Fall Concert, featuring the CSUEB Jazz Orchestra and Latin Jazz Ensemble is scheduled at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 30 in the University Theatre. Tickets are free to those with a CSUEB ID. Find concert details online.
• Lower-division and upper-division transfer students, and graduate students, can apply for winter classes until Nov. 15 for classes starting in January 2011. Apply for spring classes until Feb. 1 for classes starting in March. Submit applications online.