CSUEB receives grant from California Hearst Foundation
- January 6, 2011
The Hearst Foundation in California announced grants that would be given to 13 nonprofit organizations across the state.
One of the grants is $250,000 in funding to the California Missions Foundation in Carmel.
The other grants went to the following organizations:
* Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Los Angeles) - $100,000 to support the Tuition Awards Program
* California State University, East Bay (Hayward) - $75,000 to help establish The Center for STEM Education and the BioTech Academies
* Contemporary Jewish Museum (San Francisco) - $75,000 to support arts-in-education programming
* The Harmony Project (Los Angeles) - $75,000 to support the flagship Hollywood program based at Los Angeles City College
* Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra Society, Inc. (Los Angeles) - $50,000 to support educational programming
* New Foundry Ventures (San Francisco) - $50,000 general support
* Oakland School for the Arts (Oakland) - $150,000 general support
* Old Globe Theatre (San Diego) - $50,000 to support artistic and educational programming
* SF Works (San Francisco) - $50,000 general support
* Thunderbird Lodge Preservation Society (Lake Tahoe/Reno, NV) - $35,000 general support.
The Hearst foundations are independent private philanthropies operating separately from the Hearst Corporation.
KSBW is owned and operated by Hearst Television Inc.
Read article: http://www.ksbw.com/news/26393591/detail.html