A digest of top, need-to-know dates, deadlines and events for faculty, staff and students, "This Month at CSUEB" is a regular feature of The View e-News. Read on for updates and previews of what’s happening at Cal State East Bay in the coming month:
• Five commencement ceremonies will be held at CSUEB in June. Pioneer Stadium is the site of the rites at the Hayward Campus, as follows: the College of Science at 6 p.m. June 10; the College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences at 9 a.m. June 11; the College of Business and Economics at 3 p.m. June 11; and the College of Education and Allied Studies at 2 p.m. June 12. The Concord Campus will hold ceremonies at 9 a.m. June 12 at the Boatwright Sports Complex on that campus.
• The CSUEB Symphony Orchestra Concert, featuring Rodrigo’s “Concierto de Aranjuez” with Marc Teicholz, guitar, will be perform at 7:30 p.m. June 2 in MB 1055. Free admission to those with a CSUEB ID.
• Learn about social security and Medicare benefits from CalPERS and Social Security representatives at a June 20 workshop offered by the human resources benefits office. The workshop begins at 11:30 a.m. in the University Library Biella Room. Register by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
• CSUEB Jazz Singers with Jazz Improv Ensembles will perform at 8 p.m. June 4 at the Berkeley Yacht Club, 1 Seawall Drive, Berkeley. Admission is free.
• Need to pick up supplies, go for a team lunch, or meet a colleague? Sign up for a Zipcar. Carpool or bike to work, and get a car when you need one during the workday. Users pay an hourly or daily rate, and Zipcar provides gas, insurance and 180 miles per day. Visit zipcar.com/csueastbay, and follow the links for faculty and staff.