A digest of top, need-to-know dates, deadlines and events for faculty, staff and students, "This Month at CSUEB" is a regular feature of The View e-News. Read on for updates and previews of what’s happening at Cal State East Bay in the coming month:
• Google, which provides the university's e-mail service, has made a change in its terms of service starting Oct. 22 that may affect some faculty, staff members and students who signed up for selected Google applications -- such as Google Maps, Plus, eBookstore and Picasa -- using their CSUEB e-mail address. Those affected have been notified. Read more at the CSUEB Google Apps Web site.
• The annual CalPERS Open Enrollment period will run from Oct. 10 through Nov. 4. Changes made during Open Enrollment will go into effect Jan. 1, 2012. During Open Enrollment, employees may make changes in benefit plans including health, dental, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA), Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) and FlexCash plan. Employees also may enroll in MetLaw, the CSU group legal plan. Find open enrollment information on the HR Web site.
• Get your art fix at the 50th Annual Faculty and Staff Exhibition Oct. 18 through Nov. 23 in the University Art Gallery, on the first floor of the Art and Education Building on the Hayward campus. An opening reception will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 18. View the exhibition from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Wednesdays, and Saturdays; and from 2 to 7 p.m. Thursdays. Admission is free.
• Find tricks, treats, games and prizes at the annual Haunted Open House Oct. 26 at Student Health and Counseling Services on the Hayward campus. Tour the facility, meet the staff and learn about services available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Latin percussionist John Santos will conduct a "First Tuesdays Jazz Masterclass" from 7 to 9 p.m. Nov. 1 in MB 1055. Admission is free.