A digest of top, need-to-know dates, deadlines and events for faculty, staff and students, "This Month at CSUEB" is a regular feature of The View e-News. Read on for updates and previews of what’s happening at Cal State East Bay in the coming month:
• Play games and win prizes while learning about healthy relationships, communication, reproductive health and contraceptive choices Feb. 2 at the KISS (Keepin’ It Safe n Sexy) Carnival. The event will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m in the Old University Union, room 311.
• Attend the Feb. 2 Between the Lines Speaker Series event featuring writer Tim Wise, an expert on white privilege and anti-racist activism. The free lecture begins at 7 p.m. in the New University Union.
• In it’s seventh year, Gospelfest brings together Gospel recording artist Kierra Sheard, Bay Area college gospel choirs and community performers at 2 p.m. Feb. 18 in the University Theatre. Admission is $5 general; and free for CSUEB students.
• Middle school and high school students and their families will find a bounty of college information Feb. 25 at the Education Summit for African American and Latino Youth: Pathways to College Access, Success and Graduation. Registration starts at 8:30 a.m. in the University Gymnasium. Event highlights include pre-admission counseling, financial aid workshops, and a college and resource fair featuring representatives from Northern California CSU campuses and community colleges. For details visit, www.csueastbay.edu/EducationSummit or call (510) 885-3516.
• Show off your jump roping skills Feb. 29 at the Leap Year Jump Off, scheduled from noon to 1 p.m. at the RAW plaza.
• Learn the ins and outs of applying to Cal State East Bay graduate school programs March 8 at Pathway to Graduate School. The event, scheduled from 6 to 8 p.m., will be held in the New University Union, multipurpose room. Pose your questions to faculty and staff members, and attend workshops about how to write an effective personal statement, finance your graduate education and strategize about taking the GRE or GMAT. For information, contact (510) 885-3286 or APGSstudentservices@csueastbay.edu.