A digest of top, need-to-know dates, deadlines and events for faculty, staff and students, "This Month at CSUEB" is a regular feature of The View e-News. Read on for updates and previews of what’s happening at Cal State East Bay in the coming month:
• Volunteer to greet prospective students and their families April 14 at CSUEB’s Welcome Day. The annual event, which last year drew approximately 2,300 attendees, introduces attendees to academic offerings, resources and the campus setting. All exempt staff who work with students are invited to participate; non-exempt staff may participate with manager approval. Sign up and register online by 5 p.m. April 6.
• Learn about CSUEB’s tax shelter annuity program and how investment planning can build a comfortable retirement at the April 11 Shelter Annuity Investing 101 Workshop. Financial planner and former CSUEB lecturer Richard Speed will lead two sessions – starting at 11 a.m. and noon -- in the University Library Biella Room. To participate, contact Stefanie Broughton in human resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10.
• Proposal submissions for Diversity Day are due by 5 p.m. April 13 from CSUEB offices, divisions, colleges, departments, programs and individuals interested in participating in the May 16 event, slated to run from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Presentations may feature artistic, video or online productions, posters or brief workshops focusing on experiences of diversity at the university that relate to larger issues of inclusion and social justice. Submit proposals online. Questions? Contact Maxwell Davis at email@example.com.
• In observance of National Poetry Month, prize-winning poet Lorna Dee Cervantes will read from her work at 7 p.m. April 16, as part of the Distinguished Writers Series presented by the Department of English. The program, including readings by three DeClercq Poetry Prize winners, will be held in the Biella Room of the University Library on the Hayward Campus.
• Start practicing your swing for the CSUEB Foundation annual golf tournament scheduled April 30 at the San Ramon Golf Club. Event proceeds will benefit the Presidential Scholarship Fund. The tournament will be played shotgun style to allow for all skill levels. Register online by April 16.