A digest of top, need-to-know dates, deadlines and events for faculty, staff and students, "This Month at CSUEB" is a regular feature of The View e-News. Read on for updates and previews of what’s happening at Cal State East Bay in the coming month:
• Enjoy a "Soul Train Revival" at 5:30 p.m. May 4 as the CSUEB African American Faculty and Staff Association hosts the Ninth Annual Scholarship Dinner and Celebration in the New University Union multipurpose room. Purchase tickets, contribute to the fund or get more information online or by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Distinguished Writers Series will conclude at 7 p.m. May 9 with a reading by Rob Davidson, author of works including "The Farther Shore: Stories" and "The Master and the Dean: The Literary Criticism of Henry James and William Dean Howells." Meet in the Biella Room of the University Library, Hayward campus, for this English department-sponsored event. A book signing will follow. Find additional details online.
• Information Technology Services invites faculty members to complete an online survey providing feedback about their academic technology needs by May 11.
• ITS will hold a series of listening sessions with faculty and other members of the universitiy community about classroom technology, computer labs and mobile technologies. Feedback gathered at the sessions will guide academic technology strategy and technology resource allocation at the university. All sessions are scheduled from 2 to 3 p.m. in the Biella Room of the University Library, unless otherwise noted. Session focus and dates are as follows: Classroom Technology, May 9 and 17; Labs: Traditional and Virtual, May 10 and 23; Emerging and Mobile Technologies, May 16 (LI 2250) and 24.
• Support the University Police Department’s first Relay for Life Team, which is seeking participants and accepting donations until May 12. A 24-hour walk-a-thon, Relay for Life raises money for cancer research. Volunteers sign up for one or more four-hour shifts scheduled between noon May 11 and noon May 12. Submit donations to Sgt. Yolanda Harris, Dispatcher Rozilla Lal , Nia Johnson or Kimberlee Nobida at UPD, LI 1063.
• Help improve the customer service experience of the CSU Tax Shelter Annuity program by participating in a short online survey available until May 16.