This Month at CSUEB
- May 22, 2012
A digest of top, need-to-know dates, deadlines and events for faculty, staff and students, "This Month at CSUEB" is a regular feature of The View e-News. Read on for updates and previews of what’s happening at Cal State East Bay in the coming month:
• Join in the English Department's Annual Publication Party for the 29th edition of "Occam's Razor," a collection of student poetry and fiction. The party, including readings, an open mic, and refreshments, gets underway at 7 p.m. June 11 in the University Library, Biella Room, on the Hayward Campus. Admission is free.
• The Jazz Singers with Jazz Improv Ensembles will perform at 8 p.m. June 9 at the Berkeley Yacht Club, 1 Seawall Drive, Berkeley. Admission is free.
• Attend the Social Security and Medicare Workshop presented by the Human Resources Benefits Office from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. June 14 in the University Library, room LI 2250. Whether you expect to retire in one year or two, this workshop will help you understand the Social Security and Medicare process. Registration required by June 12; if interested, e-mail email@example.com.
• Got a budding basketball star in the family? The Pioneer Men’s Basketball team offers camps for kids in June. Individual skills camps for students in grades three through eight focus on fundamentals in the morning and offensive skills in the afternoon, June 18 through 21 ($75 for one session; or $125 for both; $15 discount for faculty and staff signing up a camper for both sessions). Morning shooting camp, and afternoon “high intensity” camp –– both for ages 10 to 17 –– run June 29 and 30 ($60 per session). For details, call (510) 885-2826.
- © Copyright California State University, East Bay.
California State University, East Bay is the San Francisco East Bay Area's high-access public university of choice. CSUEB serves the region with campuses in Hayward and Concord, a professional development center in Oakland, and an innovative online campus. With an enrollment of more than 14,000, the University offers a nationally recognized freshman year experience, award-winning curriculum, personalized instruction, and expert faculty. Students choose from among more than 100 professionally focused fields of study for which the University confers bachelor's and master's degrees, as well as an Ed.D. in education. Named a "Best in the West" college, as well as a Best Business School, by the influential Princeton Review, Cal State East Bay is among the region's foremost producers of teachers, business professionals and entrepreneurs, public administrators, health professionals, literary and performing artists, and science and math graduates.