A digest of top, need-to-know dates, deadlines and events for faculty, staff and students, "This Month at CSUEB" is a regular feature of The View e-News. Read on for updates and previews of what’s happening at Cal State East Bay in the coming month:
• Discover the next generation of talent at the 2013 Emerging Artists Exhibition presented March 7 through April 13 in the University Art Gallery on the Hayward Campus. An opening reception will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. March 7 in the gallery, on the first floor of the Arts and Education department adjacent to room AE 108. Hours: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Wednesday and Saturday; and 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday. Admission is free.
• Celebrate St. Patrick's day with your Cal State East Bay peers from 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., March 14, in the University Union multipurpose room. Festivities includes a corned beef and cabbage lunch (or vegetarian lasagna), music, awards, door prizes, jokes and songs. For advance tickets, $10, and details, contact Mohammed Salman at email@example.com. Limited tickets will be sold at the door.
• Catch a free screening of Miss Representation at 4 p.m. March 7 in the Oak Room on the Concord Campus. The documentary, which premiered at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival and previously aired on the Oprah Winfrey Network, explores how the media contributes to the under-representation of women in positions of power and influence in America. Women interviewed range from teenagers to prominent figures, including including Condoleezza Rice, Nancy Pelosi, Katie Couric, Rachel Maddow, Margaret Cho, Rosario Dawson and Gloria Steinem.
• Pick up tools and tips to help you create a resume that stands out at Craft a Resume that Works. The free workshop for students and recent alumni is scheduled from 5 to 6 p.m. March 15, in the library, room 149, on the Concord Campus.
• Attend the March 26 Tax Strategies workshop offered by the Department of Human Resources. Topics covered in the 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. session include basic tax planning information, record keeping, tax law changes, state and local taxes, tax credits and tax-deferred programs. Meet in VBT 219 for the workshop presented by MetLife.