Transfer Admitted Student Checklist

As an admitted transfer student, complete these steps to prepare for your enrollment at Cal State East Bay:

Requirements for All Incoming Transfer Students

  1. Activate your NetID and set your password. A NetID is your personal Cal State East Bay identification number, which gives you access to online student self-service systems like MyCSUEB and Horizon e-mail.
  2. Submit required Admission documents to complete your application file. This includes final official transcripts from all institutions attended, including all coursework in progress at the time of your application. To view your personal list of your required items, visit MyCSUEB.
  3. Indicate Your Intent to Register. After you are accepted to Cal State East Bay, please let the Office of Admission know of your plans to attend Cal State East Bay as soon as possible so we can hold your place in the entering class. 
  4. Check your Horizon E-mail account often for important messages regarding your academic standing, classes, and fees. As a student, you are responsible to check your Horizon e-mail regularly for official university notices.
  5. Submit your Immunization Form to Student Health & Counseling Services. Complete the immunization form enclosed in your admitted student packet or visit Student Health & Counseling Services to learn more about immunization requirements and exemption or waiver options.
  6. Register for Placement Tests. If you have not completed the General Education requirements for math and English, you must complete the English Placement Test (EPT) and Entry Level Math Test (ELM) before enrolling in classes. Review the information enclosed in the admitted student packet, or contact the Testing Office to see if you meet SAT, ACT or EAP exemption criteria.
  7. Complete the University Writing Skills Requirement (UWSR) by taking the required English courses or passing the Writing Skills Test (WST). Be sure to complete the UWSR during the first quarter of your junior year. Undergraduates must have completed at least 90 quarter units of baccalaureate level work (junior standing) before attempting to satisfy the UWSR.
  8. Obtain a Photo I.D. card. Your Cal State East Bay student Photo I.D. card enables you to use campus facilities and services such as the library, computing labs, and athletics facilities. To obtain your card, visit the Library’s main Circulation Desk at the Hayward Campus, or visit the Academic Service Center lobby at the Concord Campus. Admitted students must have an activated NetID to obtain a Photo I.D. card.

Optional Items for Incoming Transfer Students to Complete

  1. Make an Orientation reservation. Attending Orientation is strongly recommended for all transfer students. At Orientation, you will receive academic advising, learn how to register for classes, and receive other important information to assist you in your transition to Cal State East Bay.
  2. Submit a Housing application if you plan to live on campus. Living on campus is convenient and affordable and there are a variety of meal plan options. Submit your application early to secure a room.
  3. Apply for Financial Aid if you think you need financial assistance including loans, work study, scholarships and grants. For many families, it is difficult to pay educational costs from current income or savings. If you require financial assistance, the first step is to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1 of the year you plan to enroll. (International students are not eligible for financial aid.) You must file a FAFSA to determine your eligibility for financial aid.
  4. Register with the Accessibility Services Office. If you have a disability, schedule an appointment to speak with an Accessibility Services counselor regarding accommodations. Documentation of each disability is required.
  • Print This Page
  • Bookmark and Share