Study Tips for Online Students
- Get organized. Create a folder for each class and purchase a calendar or planner to keep track of all of your assignments and obligations for the entire quarter.
- Back up all of your electronic materials regularly. Because technology issues can occur with computer equipment, save your important files to a back up location and print out frequently referred-to documents.
- Remain focused. Hang a sign on your door (or your back) that lets others know when you are “in class.”
- Plan ahead. Activities such as online discussions, meeting with classmates, and downloading weekly assignments are time-consuming so schedule these into your day.
- Stay ahead of the game. Don’t wait until the very last minute to complete your school work—give yourself deadlines that are a couple of days before the actual due date. This will give you extra time to get everything done and handed in on time.