Skills and Equipment
Online Campus programs at CSUEB are available 24/7, which means that you can access your course at any time of the day and any time of the week. And just like traditional on-ground classes, online classes have weekly due dates, ongoing discussions and assignments. However, to successfully participate in any of the CSUEB online programs, you will need special skills and equipment.
There are some special skills that you should possess if you want to participate in an online program. For example, if you are
- a motivated and disciplined self-starter with strong study skills and enjoy reading and writing
- efficient at time-management
- willing to log into class at least 3-4 times a week to work on individual and group assignments and participate in class discussions
- able to create, save, upload, and download electronic files and documents
- knowledgeable about the Web and can send and receive e-mail attachments
then an online education might be right for you!
Required Computer Equipment
In addition to special skills, online programs require computer equipment (hardware and software) to participate in the classes:
- access to a computer
- Microsoft® Office 2003 or later
- a fast and reliable Internet connection, preferable broadband (i.e., DSL or cable modem)
- an Internet browser
- an e-mail account
- basic word-processing skills
- updated anti-virus software
For more information, see Technical Requirements.
Technical Requirements and Tools
For the PC or Mac user:
Computer supports browers from this list: Browser Support for BB October 2014
A fast and reliable Internet connection, preferable broadband (i.e., DSL or cable modem)
Updated anti-virus software such as McAfee® Virus Scan®
Computer software required for your class can be purchased online through the campus bookstore.