Yes, property can be donated to a public agency, public school, or a registered 501(c) (3) non-profit organization.
- Before a donation can be considered, the items must be offered to any other university department that may be able to utilize them.
- Departments that are interested in donating items to other organizations must coordinate their request with the Property Office and be familiar with the survey and donation processes in the CSUEB Property Management Guide, located on the Procurement Services Home Page.
- Property that is to be donated must be approved by the CSUEB Survey Board before it is donated.
- If a donation of computer equipment is requested, the computer(s) must first be processed through the IT department. IT must certify that the computer equipment complies with the University’s data security requirements for a documented data purge.
- IT must certify that the computer(s) were wiped and meet the CSUEB standard for donations before having the unit(s) delivered to the Property.
- It is IT’s responsibility to either remove or process the proper paperwork to have the equipment moved to the Property cage.
The CSUEB Property Management Office processes the donation to other organizations, with the appropriate documentation. The donation requirements will be reviewed with the proposed recipient. The required documentation includes:
- A signed official letter from the recipient organization, on organizational letterhead, that lists the property numbers of the items accepted.
- A copy of the IRS statement of determination may be required in order to document that the organization accepting the donation is a registered 501(c) (3) organization.
When the donation is properly documented, the items are removed from the department’s inventory; the property must then be removed from CSUEB by the recipient.