The purpose of Sankofa Scholars Program is to develop a learning community, designed to support transfer students and to increase academic personal success. This program addresses students’ needs through academic support services and a curriculum focused on African-American themes, topics and issues. Sankofa is for students who are serious about getting a good education, willing to work hard, and want to study the topics covered in our course content. Sankofa students will gain tools for the greater persistence, resilience, and success in the university environment.
We’re adamant that this purpose will be fulfilled through:
- Fostering high self-confidence through development of a community.
- Developing critical thinking, reading, and writing skills that are needed for college and future career success.
- Research occupational interest through various sources.
- Receiving individual and group access to counselors, college workshops, guest speakers and mentors.
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Phone: (510) 885-3616
- May 29, 2015 – Sankofa Scholars Application Deadline
Sankofa Scholars Program Requirements
Must be an incoming transfer student at CSUEB in Fall
Must make a full commitment to the Sankofa program for one academic year
Former Daraja Program or the Umoja Community students will be given preference