Alcohol and Drug Community Resources
• New Bridge Foundation: 1841 Scenic Avenue, Berkeley, (510) 548-7270 or 24-hours a day (800) 785-2400. Assessment, residential inpatient rehab program, partial day program, outpatient individual and group counseling, educational workshops. Financial aid available for qualified clients through city, state and federal agencies. Private insurance accepted.
• John Muir Behavior Health Center: 2740 Grant Street, Concord, (925) 680-6500. Initial assessment, detox, residential inpatient care and outpatient support groups and counseling. Accepts private insurance, Medicare.
• Fremont Hospital: 39001 Sundale Drive, Fremont, (510) 796-1100. Inpatient unit for adolescents exhibiting acute substance induced disorders.
• Cronin House Treatment Center: 2595 Depot Road, Hayward, 94545, (510) 784-5874. Alcohol treatment center. Multiple services include assessment, detox, residential, education, outpatient, support groups. (Serves San Mateo, Oakland, San Jose, San Leandro).
• Project Eden Youth Program: 22646 Second Street, Hayward, CA 94541, (510) 247-8200. Treats teens up to 18. Services include initial assessment, family, individual and group counseling, Youth Prevention Program and Summer Program. Assessment is free, sliding scale for other services.
• Second Chance, Hayward Recovery Center: 107 Jackson Street, Hayward, (510) 886-8696. Outpatient services are assessment, individual and group counseling, education, social activities, crisis intervention. Anyone over the age of 12 accepted. Many insurance types accepted, financial assistance provided.
• Chrysalis: 3837-3845 Telegraph Avenue, Oakland, (510) 450-1192. Chrysalis is a drug and alcohol prevention, treatment, and recovery facility for women 18 years of age and older.
• Thunder Road Adolescent Treatment Center: 390 40th Street, Oakland, (510) 653-5040. Serves clients up to age 19. Services include assessment, residential, outpatient support, individual and group counseling.
• Merritt Peralta Institute, Summit Medical Center: 3012 Summit Street, Oakland, (510) 652-7000. Residential inpatient, outpatient, day treatment (mornings and/or evenings offered), workshops, group counseling.
Pleasanton / Danville / San Ramon (Tri-Valley)
• Discovery Counseling Center: 155A Town and Country Drive, Suite A, Danville, (925) 837-0505. Assessment, both individual and group counseling, workshops, support groups, sliding scale and private insurance accepted, but no one is turned away for inability to pay.
• Neighborhood House of North Richmond: 820 23rd Street, Richmond, (510)235-9780. Assessment by telephone. 3-7 day detox, support groups. No one is turned away for inability to pay. Private insurance accepted. Serves only Contra Costa residents.
• Haight-Ashbury Free Clinics – Walden House: 1735 Mission Street, San Francisco, (415)226-1775. Free outpatient counseling for individuals, groups, families, couples.
• Azure Acres Recovery Services: Sebastopol, (800) 222-7292. Outpatient only, program is 3 evenings a week for 8 weeks. Also education and support groups, family groups, free drop in educational series, 7-8:30 Tuesdays. Anyone over the age of 12 accepted. Many insurance types accepted, financial assistance provided. Transportation to Sebastopol is offered.
San Jose Area
• Amicus House Inc. Alcohol/drug recovery: 466 South Buena Vista Avenue, San Jose, (408) 294-2277. Offers intensive 12-step program, group support and individual counseling.
• Horizon South: 650 Bascom Avenue, San Jose, (408) 283-8555. Offers two programs including screening and face-to-face assessment, residential treatment services, planning, observation, monitoring, and referral services.
• Santa Clara National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependence: 1415 Koll Circle, San Jose, (800) 315-2056. 24-hour referrals for treatment programs.
• Cherry Hill Detox: 2035 Fairmont Drive, San Leandro, (866) 866-7496. This live-in program is designed to serve men and women who are withdrawing from alcohol and other drug (AOD) use, and those who are also experiencing co-occurring mental disorders (COD). Cherry Hill will accept program referrals from: other AOD treatment programs; mental health and social service agencies, law enforcement agencies, hospitals, families, individuals and self-referrals.
• Second Chance, Ashland Center: 1403 164th Avenue, San Leandro, (510) 481-8645 or 24-hours (800) 315-2056. Free. Assessment, outpatient individual and group counseling.
San Mateo County
• Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services of San Mateo County: Burlingame, (650) 573-3950. 24-hour crisis help line. Referral services for clients in crisis: counseling, housing, outreaches. Sliding scale fees.
• Palm Avenue Detox: 2251 Palm Avenue, San Mateo, (650) 513-6500. Palm Avenue, a Social Model Detoxification Program, is a 15-bed facility serving men and women in San Mateo County who have a co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders. The majority of those admitted stay from 3 to 5 days. They may remain longer if their condition warrants it.
• 24 Hour Addiction Helpline, (855) 743-4144
• National Alcohol and Drug Treatment Referral, 1-800-454-8966
• AA MEETINGS, East Bay Central Office Directory, (510) 839-8900 (24 hr.) For further referrals and updates, CSUEB students may contact Student Health and Counseling Services at (510) 885-3735. Faculty, staff and administrators may contact the Employee Assistance Program at 1-800-234-5465, Behavioral Care Assistance Program.
This list was updated July 31, 2012.