Berkeley Therapy Institute
1749 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Berkeley, CA
Sliding Scale $35 to $175
Argosy University Clinic
1005 Atlantic Ave., Alameda, CA
(415) 273-1121 (Clinic Director)
Sliding Scale $1 and up
UC Berkeley Clinic
2205 Tolman Hall, #1650 Berkeley, CA
Sliding Scale $25 to $50
2640 Telegraph Ave, Berkeley, CA
Sliding Scale $22 to $74
Women’s Therapy Center
501 Kearny, El Cerrito, CA
Sliding Scale $25 to $80
2728 Durant Ave., Berkeley, CA
Sliding Scale $15 and up
Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County, Adult Mental Health Services, (don’t have to be Catholic), 2625 Zanker Road, San Jose, CA, 408-325-5181 for appointments, short wait list at times. www.ccsj.org
- Open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Limited sliding scale spots ($10- 85 with interns, $50-95 with licensed staff)
- Combines mental health, case management, medication support, crisis intervention and recovery from mental disorders for adults
- Accessible to people with disabilities.
- Spanish and English
Family and Children Services, 950 West Julian St., San Jose, CA 95126, 408-292-9353, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, Lot more info on their website: http://www.fcservices.org/
- Payment depends on income (varies and depends on program).
- Sliding scale fees (could be free if 7-17 y.o.);
- Also accept a variety of insurance plans, including TriWest, the health plan of active duty service members, National Guard and Reserve members, retirees, and their families. San Jose office accepts Medi-Cal. Students may qualify for a number of free sessions; please call for information.
- Counseling sessions are available in our Palo Alto and San Jose offices, as well as on-site in a variety of community locations.
- Anger management training and domestic violence prevention, parenting classes, mental health care for individuals and families, substance abuse treatment, support services for youth exiting foster care
YWCA Counseling Services, 375 South Third Street, San Jose, CA 95112, M-Th 9am-8pm, Fri 9am-3pm, 408-295-4011 ext 259; Ext. 290 for Spanish services, http://ywca-sv.org/programs/counseling_services.php
- Short- and long-term counseling and support services to clients of all ages; individuals, couples; married or not married; adult or child.
- Income-based sliding-scale, available for as little as $10 per session
- Accept Victim Witness Assistance
Bill Wilson Center, including Center for Living with Dying , 1265 El Camino Real, Suite 208, Santa Clara, CA 95050, 408-243-0222, 8am-6pm M-Th, 8am-5pm Fri, http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/
- Sliding scale for youth, families, couples, individuals (for grief and individual general counseling), $5-50/session!
- Some Spanish speaking (maybe other languages as well, inquire further)
- 24-hr crisis #s: 408-850-6140 (mobile crisis unit), or for 24+ y.o., call 408-850-6125
Gronoski Clinic at Pacific Graduate School of Psychology, 5150 El Camino Real, Suite 22, Bldg C, Los Altos, CA 94022, 650-961-9300; http://www.mentalhealthclinic.org/
- Mental health clinic hours: Monday–Thursday, 12 noon–8 p.m.; Friday 10:00-3:00. Services are provided by graduate psychology students supervised by licensed mental health professionals.
- Evidence-based, clinical services to adults, older adults, adolescents, children, and families
Community Center for Health & Wellness at Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, 744 San Antonio Road, In Palo Alto, CA 94303, 650-493-5006 http://www.itp.edu/resources/counseling/index.php
- Provide brief and in-depth psychotherapy, counseling, and consultation, as well as educational programs that focus on the integration of body, mind and spirit.
Sunnyvale Counseling Center at John F. Kennedy University, 572 Dunholn Way, Sunnyvale, CA 94087, 408-524-4900; Appointments are available weekdays or evenings. The centers are unable to accommodate walk-ins. They are wheelchair accessible.
SJSU Psychology Clinic (in Hugh Gillis Hall), Call Daan Giron at 408-924-5670 and leave a message. He will return the call to schedule an appointment.
Alum Rock Counseling, 1245 E. Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95116, (408) 294-0500 office; 24 hour crisis line—(408) 294-0579
- Counseling for 6-17 y.o. ONLY & counseling is FREE up to 24 sessions!
- One-on-one counseling & anger management classes. Also FREE parenting classes!
- Spanish, Vietnamese, English speaking therapists.
San Francisco Counseling Center
1801 Bush Street, San Francisco, CA
Integral Counseling Center
2140 Pierce Street, San Francisco, CA
Access Institute for Psychological Services
110 Gough Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA
The Marina Counseling Center
2137 Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA
Golden Gate Integral Counseling Center
507 Polk Street, Suite 450, San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Bay Area Crisis Hotline
24-Hour Crisis Line
Free and confidential
Last Updated: 01/13/11