Sneak Peek at the Program
ONE DAY PROGRAM (Friday's Agenda)
- Check-In begins at 7:30 a.m. Friday morning.
- Campus Tour
- Bay Card Photo ID
- Program Overview of GE Cluster
- Academic GE Advising
- Campus Technology Tutorial
- Pioneer Pete Gameshow about Campus Resource
- Family BBQ & Campus Resource Fair
- Student Success Workshops
- Academic Guidance from O-Team Peer Leaders and Faculty
- Pioneer Bookstore Showcase
TWO DAY OVERNIGHT PROGRAM (Additional Day - Thursday's Agenda)
Includes everything in the One Day Program (Friday)
- Check-In begins at 7:00 a.m. Thursday morning
- Peer Mentoring & Networking
- "Your Journey" Workshops on CSUEB Resource. Topics may include:
- Financial Aid
- Study Abroad
- Leadership opportunities
- Living in the Bay Area
- Pioneer Athletics
- How to Manage your College Budget
- Career Development
- Resources for First-Generation students
- Health & Wellness
- and many more..!
- VIP event at the RAW (Recreation & Wellness Center)
- Taste of Residential Living in Pioneer Heights
- Diversity and Inclusion Student Center Presents (Special Guests Performances)
Note: Orientation for both programs ends at approximately 5:00pm on Friday.
Parking is available in all General Lots. A parking permit will be attached to the confirmation email that will be sent to your Horizon email account approximately two weeks in advance of program date. Orientation Check-in begins as early as 7:30 a.m.
Sorry! Freshman Orientation is only for admitted first-time Freshman at Cal State East Bay. We pride ourselves in having a safe and secure campus and therefore, no guests are allowed during Orientation. Parents and family members should register for Family Orientation.
Cal State East Bay prohibits the possession, use, or trafficking of drugs or alcohol on campus; this includes your stay at Pioneer Heights. The University Police Department will handle all violations of this rule. Consequences could include, but are not limited to: having your parents called to pick you up, de-enrolled from the University, or arrested. Come to Orientation with a positive outlook and ready to have fun and we’ll show you how to have a good time without breaking the rules.
What to Bring
We suggest you bring the following to Orientation:
- A photo ID
- All correspondence you have received from any CSUEB Office (e.g. Admissions, Financial Aid, Testing, etc.)