Orientation is not just for students, but also is an important time for families! We have designed a special program to address the questions and concerns family members (parents, guardians, brothers, sisters, grandparents, blended family, etc.) may have as they prepare to join the Cal State East Bay community. Family members play a key role in helping students succeed in college. Family Orientation is a full-day program, separate from the Freshman Orientation. Family and friends attending Family Orientation will have an opportunity to connect with their students during lunch and the Campus Resource Fair.
- Dates of Family/Parent Orientation
- Program Preview
- Things People Have Said
- Visiting the Hayward Area
FALL 2017 FAMILY ORIENTATION
Registration for Fall 2017 is now available on MyCSUEB. Listed below are all Family Orientation Programs available at the Hayward campus.
- Session 1: Friday, June 16
- Session 2: Friday, June 30
- Session 3: Friday, July 7
- Session 3SP: Friday, July 7 - Orientación Familiar: Ven Conoce Nuestra Universidad*
- Session 4: Friday, July 14
- Session 4SP: Friday, July 14 - Orientación Familiar: Ven Conoce Nuestra Universidad*
- Session 5: Friday, July 28
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR FAMILY MEMBER(S).
Program Schedule at a Glance:
The Family Program begins with check-in at 8:00 AM and ends at approximately 5:00 P.M. The sessions for the Family Program are separate from the student sessions; however, Family Orientation attendees can connect with their students during the shared luncheon and Campus Resource Fair.
- Campus Tours
- Academics at CSUEB
- Family Educational Right to Privacy Act (FERPA) & Judicial Affairs
- Health, Wellness & Safety at CSUEB
- Parent Panel
- Lunch - Family BBQ
- Campus Resource Fair
- Student Fees and Financial Aid Overview. Click here to view a short Financial Aid video.
- "Bay Card" Presentation
- Housing and Residence Life Presentation
- Bookstore Presentation
- Housing Tours
VEN CONOCE NUESTRA UNIVERSIDAD: Spanish Language Program
Available at the Hayward Campus on Friday, July 7 (Session 3SP)
Though some sessions are translated in Spanish at all Family programs, Ven Conoce Nuestra Universidad is offered entirely in the Spanish language. Ven Conoce Nuestra Universidad – Un vistazo a nuestro programa de orientación en Español para familares y amistades. If you have questions regarding the Family Orientation Program, call Student Life and Leadership Programs at (510) 885-3872 or e-mail email@example.com
Fall 2017 Orientation Informational Postcard
Things People Have Said
Those who have attended past Family Orientation Programs have said it best:
"A very informative as well as enjoyable experience."
"Your student orientation team was excellent. It really gives a good example of the high quality education the students can expect."
"I feel a lot more informed and confident!"