Orientation is not just for students, but also is an important time for families! We have designed a special program to address the questions and concerns family members (parents, guardians, brothers, sisters, grandparents, blended family, etc.) may have as you prepare to join the Cal State East Bay community. Family members play a key role in helping students succeed in college. The Family Orientation Program provides information to help family members support their student during the first year.
- Dates of Family/Parent Orientation
- Program Details
- Things People Have Said
- Visiting the Hayward Area
FALL 2016 PARENT-FAMILY ORIENTATION
$35 for first guest, $15 for 2nd guest and on.
- Session 1: Friday, July 8
- Session 2: Monday, July 18
- Session 3: Friday, July 22
- Session 3SP: Viernes, Julio 22 (Orientación Famaliar)
- Session 4: Friday, July 29
- Session 5: Friday, August 5
- Session 5SP: Viernes, Agosto 5 (Orientación Familiar)
*All Family Orientations will offer Spanish translation at selected workshops. Las Orientaciónes Familiares are hosted completely in Spanish. Las Orientaciónes Familiares – Un vistazo a nuestro programa de orientación en Español para familares y amistades.
To register for our Parent & Family Orientation, please sign up HERE
Program Schedule at a Glance:
The Family Program begins with check-in at 8:00 AM at the New University Union (Multipurpose Room) and ends at approximately 4:00 P.M. The sessions for the Family Program are separate from the student sessions.
- Campus Tours
- Academics at CSUEB
- Family Educational Right to Privacy Act (FERPA) & Judicial Affairs
- Health, Wellness & Safety at CSUEB
- Parent Panel
- Lunch - Family BBQ
- Campus Resource Fair
- Student Fees and Financial Aid Overview. Click here to view a short Financial Aid video.
- "Bay Card" Presentation
- Housing and Residence Life Presentation
- Bookstore Presentation
- Housing Tours
If you have questions regarding the Family Orientation Program, call Student Life and Leadership Programs at (510) 885-3872 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to page navigation
Things People Have Said
Those who have attended past Family Orientation Programs have said it best:
"A very informative as well as enjoyable experience."
"Your student orientation team was excellent. It really gives a good example of the high quality education the students can expect."
"I feel a lot more informed and confident!"
Visiting the Hayward Area
- Hayward Area Dining Information
- Hayward Area Lodging Information
- Hayward Area Map
- Hayward Campus Map
- Hayward Area Weather Information