Welcome to California State University, East Bay! Congratulations on your admission and on choosing our premier University - "where all your possibilities come into view!"
Transfer Orientation is an important activity that will help you transition into our University. The Transfer Orientation is an opportunity to learn important information that will help you become a successful CSUEB student! During orientation, you will receive advising information, course registration instructions, Financial Aid updates, campus tours, resource information, and more! Registration for the Transfer Orientation is available your MyCSUEB at my.csueastbay.edu starting early April 2017.
As a transfer student, many aspects of the college environment are already familiar to you. However, Cal State East Bay is a new institution with new expectations and procedures, new academic requirements, and exciting new challenges. Your attendance will be a valuable investment in your future college career!
- Registration & Dates
- Agenda Preview
- Program Highlights
- What to Bring
- How do I pay?
- Parking Information
- Important Information for New Transfer Students
FALL 2017 TRANSFER ORIENTATION
Registration for Fall 2017 will be available on MyCSUEB by early April 2017. Listed below are all Transfer Orientation Programs available at the Hayward campus. Registration will be available based on capacity of each program.
- Wednesday, June 21: College of Education and Allied Studies majors, College of Science majors & undeclared majors
- Friday, June 23: College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences majors & undeclared majors
- Friday, July 21: College of Business and Economics majors & undeclared majors
- Available starting June 1: Online Transfer Orientation
If you are unaware what College your academic major belongs to, please visit: College of Education and Allied Studies, College of Science, College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences, and College of Business and Economics.
*ONLINE TRANSFER ORIENTATION
The Online Transfer Orientation is an option available to students who are unable to attend the orientation on campus. Students can select either the on ground Orientation or the online option. The online program allows you the flexibility to complete orientation at your own pace, and available through Blackboard - CSUEB Online Learning Management System. Similar to the on ground Orientation, the online option will provide new students with vital information regarding academics, support services, registration information and more.
Agenda Preview (On Ground Orientation)Program will start at 09:00 a.m. and end approximately at 5:00 p.m. Please refer to confirmation messages provided through your student Horizon email for updated information.
- Campus Resource
- Campus Tours
- Major Advising and College Information Session
- Understanding Academics @ CSUEB (General academic advising and admissions assistance)
- Navigating CSUEB Blackboard
- Writing Skills Test
- Financial Aid Advising. Click here to view a short Financial Aid video.
- Individual guidance in regards to Admissions
- Advising Information - Learn graduation requirements and what classes you need to take to earn your degree. Meet with advisors and faculty members regarding your academic major of choice.
- Campus Resource Information - Learn about valuable resources and support services available to you while attending CSUEB.
- Financial Aid Information - Confirm you know the requirements for financial aid.
- Campus Tour - Participate in a guided tour of campus.
Fall 2016 Orientation Informational Postcard
What to Bring
We suggest you bring the following to Orientation:
- A photo ID
- All correspondence you have received from any CSUEB Office (e.g. Admissions, Financial Aid, Testing, etc.)
We welcome the disability community and will work with you and CSUEB Office of Accessibility to provide an accessibile and welcoming Orientation experience. If you need accommodations such as a sign language interpreter, materials in an alternative format, etc., please inform us at least two weeks prior to your Orientation session. You can contact us at: Student Life and Leadership Programs - Freshman Orientation, Phone: (510) 885-3872, E-mail: email@example.com.
Fees & Payment
- Transfer Orientation costs $35.00 for students and $15.00 for each guest. Orientation fees are not refundable once you have registered for the program. You cannot apply paid fees to a different type of Orientation ("online" versus "on-campus") or to a different term. Fee includes lunch and orientation materials.
- Once registered, remember to check your MyCSUEB account to pay the non-refundable Transfer Orientation fee of $35.00. Fees are due by date of program. Guest fee can be paid via check on day of program.
- Click here to learn how to make an online payment.
Parking permits will be sent to you upon confirmation of your reservation (approximately one week before event)
Important Information for New Transfer Students
We look forward to welcoming you to "The Bay!"It is a good idea to become familiar with your CSUEB catalog prior to starting school.
You can get started by viewing this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?