California State University East Bay strives to prepare students to be socially responsible citizens. In alignment with the campus’ Shared Strategic Commitment to ‘contribute to a sustainable planet through our academic programs, university operations, and individual behavior’ and its Institutional Learning Outcome to ‘act responsibly and sustainably at local, national, and global levels,’ the office of sustainability will lead the campus to:
- Liaise between the Chancellor’s Office, campus administration, faculty, staff, students, off-campus partners and communities, and the higher education sustainability community on sustainability approaches, opportunities, and potential synergies;
- Ensure that the campus is meeting statewide and CSU-system wide sustainability goals and requirements;
- Lead the assessment, monitoring, updating and development of sustainability plans, procedures, and policies, assist faculty (in conjunction with the Office for Faculty Development) in supporting curriculum development, professional development, and research opportunities in the area of sustainability;
- Support staff by being a conduit to other CSU sustainability projects and champions, provide educational resources, and create collaborations with interns and/or courses;
- Provide co-curricular learning experiences for students through internships, employment, clubs/organizations, service learning opportunities and events;
- Serve as a hub for community and regional partners looking to connect with our campus on issues related to sustainability; and
- Disseminate information about campus sustainability efforts throughout the campus, community, and beyond.