All campus Dining Services are operated by Aramark.
- To-Go container program: Currently 11% of our housing students utilizes the program.
- Recycling and Compost: 129,400 pounds of waste have been recycled and/or composted in the 2013-14 school year.
- Humane Society of the United States of America: Partnership to eliminate all pork from animals bred using gestation crates in our supply chain by 2017.
- Green Cleaning: To support sustainable practices Ecolab Green Chemicals are used.
- Cage-free: Cage-free eggs are used for whole egg menu selections.
- Compliance: Monterey Bay Seafood Watch list is taken into consideration in all campus dining.
- Meatless Mondays: Meatless Monday began in 2003, an international movement to help people reduce their meat consumption by 15% to improve personal health and the health of the planet. Monday is the beginning of the week, making it the perfect time to reevaluate our choices and set our intentions for the coming days. The occasional meatless meal can also help cut your carbon footprint and save precious resources like fresh water and fossil fuel.
- Farmer’s Market: Usually the second Thursday of the Month from 11am - 2pm at RAW Plaza. Collaboration between several campus partners including, Pioneer Dining/Aramark, ASI, RAW, DISC, LEEP, Sustainability, and Pioneer Heights.
- RecycleMania: A friendly eight-week recycling competition and benchmarking tool for college and university recycling programs to promote waste reduction activities on campus. The competition may only last eight weeks, but the impact can last a lifetime.
- Earth Day: The celebration of Earth Day takes place on April 22nd each year! Earth Day provides a great opportunity to improve visibility of environmental practices at your account, while showcasing opportunities for customer engagement. Pioneer Dining’s activities are based on best practices and simple ways to integrate sustainability into the “every day.”
Learn more about sustainability in Pioneer Dining.