Testing Office provides Automated Classroom Test Scoring services to the faculty.
This service is a computerized system for scoring multiple-choice examinations with these specifications:
- Exam may have a maximum of 160 items.
- Items may have a maximum of five answer choices.
- Exam can be subdivided into a maximum of six subtests.
- Raw scores can be weighted and corrected for guessing.
Automated Test Scoring Service generates:
- Individual student responses to each question, score distribution including raw score, frequency, cumulative frequency, percentile rank, percent score, and standard score; summary statistics including mean, median, variance, standard deviation, etc..
- Alphabetized student score roster that includes number of items right, wrong, and omitted, percent score, standard score, and raw score.
- Descriptive item analysis (optional) that includes the number and percent of students responding to each answer alternative.
- Discriminative item analysis (optional) that includes high/middle/low group comparison, individual item indices and statistics, point diserial correlation, and right/wrong group means.
Submit following to the Testing Office:
- Completed Exam Pick-Up Authorization Form.
- Students answer sheets. Answer Sheets/scantrons (NCS Trans-Optic 05-7338-23) are available to purchase at the Pioneer Bookstore.
- Completed scoring key sheet, indicating the preferred scoring options and place it on top of the student answer sheets with side 1 facing front.
Test results will be available to pick from the Testing Office in approximately 3 - 5 working days depending on the time of the semester.
Test results cannot be returned via inter-campus or regular mail.
Scanner to scan Green Scantrons/Answer Sheets is located in the South Science Building.