- Academic Advising & Career Education
- CSUEB Pre-Healthcare Advising
- Hours and Locations
- Faculty and Campus
- Calendar of Events
- Alumni and Friends
- Spring Job Fair
- Post Jobs and Internships
- On-Campus Interviewing
- Fall Job Fair
- Cal State East Bay Career Fairs
- Faculty Guidelines
- Employer Services Guidelines
- Employer Guidelines
- Corporate Partnership
- Classroom Presentations
- Classroom Connections
- Career Contacts Directory
- Major Exploration
- Community Service Scholarship Program
- Career Education
- Academic Advising
- Online Chat
- Meet the Staff
Job and Internship Search
Searching for targeted jobs to prepare or launch your career can be exhausting and time-consuming. When conducting a job search, it is important to consider several techniques and strategies and then to develop and adopt the ones that work best for you. Below are links to ideal job search sites and search strategies for college students and new graduates.
- Search Strategies Seven proven strategies that will help you navigate your way through your search
- Cost of Living Calculator Salary.com offers this feature to compare the cost of living and salaries throughout the country
- Handshake A great starting place for searching jobs and internships, networking with other students, researching all types of organizations, and registering for career events. Handshake is available for currently enrolled students
Beware of Scammers
Even as the campus, employers, and the country mobilize to protect against COVID-19, scammers are taking advantage of fears around the virus. Be extra careful about calls, texts, and emails regarding employment opportunities. In times like these, scammers are taking advantage of everyone’s extra stress to send fake messages and victimize you financially.
Beware of promises that seem too good to be true such as text messages or emails related to job offers. Clicking links in these texts and emails can put viruses on your device. Use the employer’s website or LinkedIn page to double-check the validity of the job.
AACE is still available to connect with a counselor about job search strategies to stay safe during these difficult economic times and pandemic.
Use Handshake to search for jobs, internships, career events such as job fairs, information sessions, and workshops for all majors. Handshake is also designed for students to explore all types of businesses and agencies, and to connect with representatives from various organizations and students at Cal State East Bay.
The CSUEA serves as a go-to resource connecting the 23 Cal State campuses to the entertainment arts industry through exceptional learning, career development & networking opportunities. If you are interested in learning more about internships visit www.csuentertainment.com/internships