- Academic Advising & Career Education
- CSUEB Pre-Healthcare Advising
- Hours and Locations
- Faculty and Campus
- Calendar of Events
- Alumni and Friends
- Spring Job Fair
- Post Jobs and Internships
- On-Campus Interviewing
- Fall Job Fair
- Cal State East Bay Career Fairs
- Faculty Guidelines
- Employer Services Guidelines
- Employer Guidelines
- Corporate Partnership
- Classroom Presentations
- Classroom Connections
- Career Contacts Directory
- Major Exploration
- Community Service Scholarship Program
- Career Education
- Academic Advising
- Online Chat
In the Classroom
Academic Advising and Career Education (AACE) welcomes the opportunity to speak to your classes on a variety of topics including, but not limited to: AACE services, career and major exploration, resumes, interviewing skills, and job search strategies.
Don't Cancel that Class
If you should anticipate a need to cancel class, contact AACE. Let us use that time during your absence to teach your class on a select career topic that is relevant to Cal State East Bay students. Sample topics include the following:
- Overview of AACE Services
- Career and Major Exploration
- Job and Internship Search Strategies
- Internships: Beyond the Classroom
- Networking & Social Media
- Graduate or Professional School Overview
Based on availability, an AACE staff member will come to your class and deliver an interactive, learning-centered presentation. This program is only designed to help faculty members who may need to be absent during their normal class times. We appreciate your cooperation in meeting our need for sufficient lead time. A two-week notice is recommended and is based on AACE staff availability.
Requests will be granted on a first-come, first-serve basis. AACE staff is generally available to cover classes between the hours of 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, Monday – Thursday. Friday, Saturday, and evening courses will be considered.
- There is no guarantee that a speaker will be available for a requested time as all speakers hold full-time positions on campus.
- Presentations are designed to meet specific learning objectives.
- If a speaker is unable to fulfill your approved request within two days, then the requestor will be contacted by email.
Submit your request using the online Don't Cancel that Course request form.
- Classroom Connections
AACE can also assist you in scheduling appropriate employers to speak to your class. Employers are available to discuss career related issues and to talk about their field of expertise. Students often appreciate hearing from an individual who is directly involved in their field of study. Please contact AACE at 510-885-3621 for more information.
We are so pleased with your continued support of our center and services. AACE counselors are excited to introduce our services to your students through walk-ins, individual appointments, and workshops. We recognize that planning for a large influx of students in addition to our regular traffic is imperative in making the student's experience worthwhile. Please refer to the guidelines below for information on scheduling activities with AACE.
- Contacting AACE
Please contact AACE at (510) 885-3621 to learn more about our services.