- Academic Advising & Career Education
- CSUEB Pre-Healthcare Advising
- Hours and Locations
- Faculty and Campus
- Calendar of Events
- Alumni and Friends
- Spring Job Fair
- Post Jobs and Internships
- On-Campus Interviewing
- Fall Job Fair
- Cal State East Bay Career Fairs
- Faculty Guidelines
- Employer Services Guidelines
- Employer Guidelines
- Corporate Partnership
- Classroom Presentations
- Classroom Connections
- Career Contacts Directory
- Major Exploration
- Community Service Scholarship Program
- Career Education
- Academic Advising
- Online Chat
On-Campus Interviews (OCI) provide you the opportunity to interview Cal State East Bay students and alumni for full-time career or internship opportunities. Interviews are conducted in Academic Advising and Career Education (AACE) for the convenience of both students and employers.
You can manage your entire on-campus interviewing schedule through PioneerJobs including schedule setup, attaching your position and screening criteria, candidate selection and notification, and printing your final interview schedules. Cal State East Bay students and alumni have access to your position information twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
OCI occurs each quarter (fall, winter and spring), typically running for 5 weeks following the Career & Internship Fairs for that quarter and ending the week before finals. Schedule requests must be submitted through PioneerJobs, and schedules. Requests are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Once your schedule has been approved, you will receive confirmation from AACE.
Once dates are scheduled and confirmed, AACE aggressively markets your On-Campus Interview schedule to the campus community. Additionally, you can request to schedule an information session to talk about your organization and hiring opportunities with Cal State East Bay students. Please contact Sylvia Head, Employer Relations Coordinator, at 510.885.2453 for more information.
In order to participate in the On-Campus Interview program the following guidelines must be met:
- Positions must be full-time (no part-time positions unless they qualify as internships or cooperative education opportunities)
- Positions must be permanent and non-contingent employment opportunities. Employment offers that contain no further conditions (i.e. passing an examination at the end of a brief training period) other than continued satisfactory performance of duties and responsibilities contained in the job description
- Positions must be salaried or waged - no commission only positions
- Positions must require at least a bachelor's degree (or current student status, if for an internship)
- Positions must not require candidates to invest money in or purchase products to become an employee
- Third party recruiters are not permitted to recruit for outside clients using OCI
For further assistance, contact Sylvia Head, at 510.885.2453 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employers who have complaints about a student's behavior or possible misrepresentation of information are encouraged to contact AACE, at 510.885.3621 or email@example.com.
Academic Advising and Career Education, in accordance with applicable federal and state law, prohibits discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics), ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or status as a covered veteran (special disabled veteran, Vietnam-era veteran or any other veteran who served on active duty during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized).
Our goal is to make the On-Campus Interview program at Cal State East Bay an integral part of your recruiting process. Employers have participated in our program for years, and attest to its effectiveness in providing quality candidates to meet their staffing needs.
"We have been very happy with the candidates that we have found and hired through CSUEB. I usually turn down other hiring events, because we have much greater success at CSUEB".
CA Board of Equalization
"I couldn't be more pleased with CSUEB's on-campus interview program. CSUEB has been a major cornerstone in providing Chevron's accounting/finance staffing needs for decades and I fully expect that this relationship will continue on into the future. The program allows Chevron to interview a large number of prospective candidates in a central location in a relatively short time frame. In addition, we are very appreciative of the support the career center staff has given us which has helped us gain a strong reputation and presence at the university".
Manager, Finance Development Program