- Office of the President
- Current Initiatives
- Messages from the President
- My Story, My Truth Assessment Results
- Launching Our Future Directions Strategic Planning Initiative
- In Support of Our DACA Students
- CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Students, Faculty and Staff
- Updated University Guidance on Face Coverings at Cal State East Bay
- Looking Forward to Seeing Everyone Again
- Looking forward beyond COVID-19
- CSU to require immunization against COVID-19
- If one of us, then all of us: A statement asking for grace, compassion and togetherness
- Housing Task Force Report
- Post-COVID opportunity scan
- COVID-19 One Year Later
- Establishment of Affinity-Based Student Success Centers
- Welcome to Spring 2021 Semester
- Our Role in Preserving Our Democracy
- A Greeting from President Cathy Sandeen
- Fall Convocation 2021
- In the News
- Leadership Searches
- My Story My Truth
- Presidential History
- Downloadable Images
Post-COVID opportunity scan
Dear Campus Community,
I am writing today to launch a brainstorming and planning initiative this semester that I hope will broadly engage our university community.
As we look to the future, anticipating widespread vaccine distribution and a return to more face-to-face operations, I ask myself what lessons have we learned during the COVID pandemic period? What practices do we want to retain at the university and what might we have done differently?
Let’s consider all the possibilities. For example, what new technologies or teaching techniques would you want to continue using with remote delivery or in conjunction with face-to-face teaching? Does it make sense to continue offering advising appointments virtually? Can we provide more flexible work options, reducing commuting time and our carbon footprint? Should we continue to offer virtual alumni events to broaden engagement? How might we continue to streamline administrative workflows to improve efficiency?
I welcome hearing your suggestions and thoughts. My goal is to capture these ideas and opportunities in order to begin to plan and support these new operating modes. Cabinet members, deans, the Academic Senate, and ASI will solicit recommendations and thoughts from their areas and divisions; in addition, post-COVID opportunities and learning can be submitted through this online form. Please submit ideas by February 26th. Results will be compiled and shared broadly before the end of the semester.
Living with the COVID-19 pandemic for nearly a year has been difficult and challenging for us all. I am impressed by how well Cal State East Bay has adapted and has continued to fulfill its important mission. Despite our current situation, I hope we can look toward the future in the spirit of openness, possibility, and a growth mindset. Cal State East Bay is an organization that learns and adapts, leans into opportunity, and takes action. These qualities have and will continue to serve us well.
Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts and suggestions about our post-COVID reality. I look forward to hearing from you.