- Office of Admissions
- Freshman Requirements
- Transfer Requirements
- Graduate Requirements
- Second Bachelor Requirements
- Veteran Admission
- Documents, Deadlines, & Important Information
- Admission Appeals
- Check Your Admission Status
- After You Apply
- After You're Accepted
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Annual Security Report
- How-To Videos
- Contact Us
California Dream Act and Application/AB540
The California Dream Act of 2011 allows students who meet AB540 criteria to apply for and receive certain state and institutional financial assistance programs.
What are the AB540 requirements?
To be eligible, a student must meet all of the following requirements:
- The student must have attended a high school (public or private) in California for three or more years AND
- The student must have graduated from a California high school or attained the equivalent prior to the start of the term. For example: the student must have passed the General Education Diploma (GED) or California High School Proficiency exam) AND
- A student who is without lawful immigration status must file an AB540 Affidavit (California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Request form) with the university stating that he or she has filed an application to legalize his or her immigration status, or will file an application as soon as he or she is eligible to do so. Complete and submit the affidavit to the Office of Admission.
How do I apply?
Submit a Dream Application
To apply for the programs available under AB131 you will use the Dream Application. The Dream Application will collect basic personal and income information to determine student eligibility for funding under AB131.
Students will need to complete the Dream Application every year to determine continuing eligibility for state and institutional aid. Students should complete and submit to Cal State East Bay the AB540 Affidavit (California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Request form) in order to begin a review of your eligibility.
For more information about AB540, visit the AB540 Program website.